Re: [cc65] Change to compile under FreeBSD

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz (
Date: 2000-01-08 21:40:02

> In FreeBSD the sys/utime.h header is dependent on the sys/types.h
> header.

I have added the missing line (assuming that you meant the objfile.c module in
binutils/ar65) and it does not cause problems under Linux and/or DOS/Windows.

> Incidentally, I started to actually do some work with cc65 last night.
> I plan to use it to help program a 6502-based microcontroller.  I was
> quite impressed with the flexibility of the ld65 linker!
> [And the doc/ directory was refreshingly complete and well-written
>  after the junk I've been wading through for the previous couple days].
> Excellent software!

Thanks a lot! You may want to have a look at the bugs page, there were some
more bugs detected. The compiler is really a bug ridden piece of software
(almost all bugs found are in the compiler - this is the only part that didn't
get a rewrite until now). The code is a real mess and changing one line may
break things in several unrelated places. I'm usually closing my eyes and
crossing my fingers when doing any changes:-)