Re: [cc65] Oric Atmos library support available

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz (
Date: 2003-04-14 10:51:17

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:52:07AM +0200, Debrune Jérôme wrote:
> As Groepaz said, i did conio lib friday. Groepaz was trying to compile his
> tetris with my conio.s.

I didn't know that, sorry.

> >   * A clock() function. It is 16 bit only, and I don't have an idea, which
> >     value CLOCKS_PER_SEC should take, so there's room for improvements.
> I'll try to see

Seems that I found it: The software timers are decremented each 10ms, so
CLK_TCK is 100.

> >   * Colors. If you thought, colors on the Atari are weird, please have a
> > look at the Oric. Colors are *really* crazy on this platform.
> >
> Yes that is why i said that it's difficult to have common libs for atmos

I don't think it was difficult, but I had to leave off the additional
functionality, the Oric provides for colors. I'm currently supporting 40x28 in
black/white. If necessary, it would also be possible to reduce this to 38x28,
to allow at least some support for colors outside of what conio can support.
I'm not sure which one is better.

> Please see that for informations:

Most of this information is also in my "new" book ("Oric Atmos and Oric 1 -
Graphics and Machine Code Techniques" by Geoff Phillips).

> Well this tap header is really the real header for real machine (When you load
> from a tape, it's really this header). If you use a disk controller, you have
> to remove this header.

Xeuphoric seemed to require this header, so I thought it would be convenient
to add it. I had to dig around a little to get more information on how the
header is built, but now it's pretty easy to load programs into the emulator.

> PS : I am doing atomic (katomic a linux game) with cc65 on the Oric.. so
> please don't say me tomorrow that you did it this night :-P

Ok, noted:-)