Re: [cc65] linker cfg files

From: Shawn Jefferson (
Date: 2003-04-23 00:24:05

>>> Groepaz <> 04/22/03 02:32PM >>>
>seriously, i know what you mean,the stack would just silently expand into heap
>area with the common memory layout...but that couldnt happen with the pc
>engine since i have put the stack into a seperate ram block of the pcengine,
>totally unrelated to the ram block that keeps the heap. (which leads to the
>question about configureable stack- and heapplacement again :=P)

I would like to see configurable heap and stack placement too... I think the heap is now defined by the BSS area isn't it, and is hardcoded somewhere in the library?

I'm no power user like groepaz, but I did run into this issue when I wrote a little application using the extended memory of the Atari (a window at $4000-7FFF)  I had to maneuver my code, bss and rw segments all over the place and I thought that I would potentially be having problems malloc'ing memory since I had to put the bss segment in a small area of ram.

I'm assuming that this is the type of thing you are talking about?

Shawn Jefferson