Re: [cc65] linker cfg files

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz (
Date: 2003-04-24 18:22:46

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:35:34AM -0700, Shawn Jefferson wrote:
> >You cannot do that, at least not easily. There are no references into these
> >segments, so they won't get linked when in separate files.
> I'm not sure what you mean here.  Can't I just put this into a separate .s
> file and link it to my program? (with the appropriate .import defs.)

The linker won't link this piece of code, because the program doesn't contain
any references into it. There are hundreds of object files in the library, and
the linker extracts and adds those that are needed by the program. Since the
program doesn't use anything in the "EXEHDR" segment, it won't get added.