Re: [cc65] Lynx target

From: Adam Dunkels (
Date: 2003-04-28 23:08:04

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 18:51, Ullrich von Bassewitz wrote:
> The dio interface is designed to be a portable low level disk interface.
> However, it is currently only implemented for the Atari (anyone interested in
> doing a CBM implementation?).

I made something similar to a dio_ implementation for the CBM web server
of Contiki, but I'm not sure if it is useful or not. In any case, it is
far from complete, but I could probably turn it into a CBM dio if people
would be interested in this?

It currently is very ineffcient as well, I suppose, as it is implemented
using disc commands in a very kludgy fashion. Like this:

read_sector(u8_t device, u8_t track, u8_t sect, void *mem)
  int ret;
  cbm_open(15, device, 15, NULL);
  cbm_open(2, device, 2, "#");

  sprintf(cmd, "u1: 2  0%3d%3d", track, sect);
  cbm_write(15, cmd, strlen(cmd));
  ret = cbm_read(2, mem, 256);

... but without actually using the sprintf() call but a direct buffer
manipulation hack.

Would something like this be of any value at all?

Adam Dunkels <>