Re: [cc65] Lynx target

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz (
Date: 2003-04-29 11:09:54

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:21:30PM +0200, Adam Dunkels wrote:
> How about "[device:][drive:]name[;version]", i.e., with optional device
> and drive numbers? The test for if a drive: is present would be quite
> simple as well: if(name[1] == ':' && isdigit(name[0]));

I'm not sure if this will work, since both numbers are optional. In a name like

is "1" a device number or a drive number?

In addition to that, there are device numbers up to 31 (at least for the
CBMs), so your simple test is not enough (unfortunately).

> Speaking of IRQ-loaders: some kind of synchronous serial I/O protocol
> loader would definately be needed for the C64 version of Contiki, as the
> CBM kernal based file I/O breaks with the NMIs caused by the
> RS232/SwiftLink... I personally think that Uz' suggestion with a
> loadable module that patches the kernal vectors sounds like a nice
> solution.

I've read about it on the Contiki mailing list. Sneaking into the kernal
vectors somehow would have the advantage that the impact on the existing code
is very low.