Re: [cc65] Sunplus target support

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz (
Date: 2003-11-06 10:07:48

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:19:13PM -0800, Wallace White wrote:
> Does cc65 support Sunplus as a target? I found a discussion from 2000
> on this mailing list about Sunplus but I wasn't sure what the answer
> was. It would be great to have a C compiler.

The Sunplus instruction set is "proprietary and confidential", I had to sign a
NDA just to get the PDFs documenting the instructions.  So the answer to your
question is: No. I remember vaguely that someone wanted to ask Sunplus for
permission, but I think nothing happened.

It may be possible that the controller you're using is binary compatible to
the 6502. I don't know if Sunplus ever produced such chips, but if this is the
case, then you will be able to use cc65 by just switching to the 6502 CPU.