Re: [cc65] Programs switch to lowercase on C64.

From: Spiro Trikaliotis <>
Date: 2004-09-22 16:19:01

* On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 03:58:14PM +0200 Groepaz wrote:
> what if the two charsets arent located after each other in memory? (i
> know, purely hypothetical). IMHO some kind of constant should be used
> here, let it be just for improved readability.

I tend to disagree. IMHO, the memory layout is not that much platform
dependant, but project-dependant. I can put the char set wherever I like
it. Thus, any such system-given constant could be wrong.

I think a macro (or even a function) which converts a memory location
into the right bits to put into the register would be much more portable
than such a constant. With this, a constant which describes where the
character sets for lower and uppercase can be found would make much more

If I still need such a constant as you describe, I can define it myself,
can't I?

Spiro R. Trikaliotis