Re: [cc65] Floating point support?

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <>
Date: 2004-09-27 21:04:37
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 08:51:13PM +0300, Karri Kaksonen wrote:
> Newbies may not know that a float type is most of the time unnecessary for
> coding games. Perhaps a small set of defines is better than implementing
> something in the compiler.

Especially since Groepaz is right: What you described has nothing to do with
the floating point described in the C standard.

Stefan Haubenthal sent me a mandelbrot program written by Groepaz and modified
by him, which for some reason I don't remember lies in my samples directory
(Groepaz, did I, or did Stefan ask you if it can be used as a demo? I'm always
so forgetful:-). The program uses macros to implement fixed point math. I'm
sure that Groepaz will place it onto the ftp server on request, so you can
have a look at it and see how fixed point math can be done with macros.