Re: [cc65] bank switching/retro replay?

From: Groepaz <>
Date: 2009-11-10 20:31:56
On Dienstag 10 November 2009, Ullrich von Bassewitz wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 02:22:51PM +0100, Groepaz wrote:
> > 	.word f1,.banked(f1) ; evaluates to $11
> > 	.word f2,.banked(f2) ; evaluates to $12
> >
> > this approach seems simpler and cleaner to me, and it should cover most
> > practical uses...
> How would you switch banks given above table? Search through the table
> until the function is found?

no, typically in cartridges the banked function api is called like this:

	ldy #API_FUNC
	jsr banked_call

the function that handles the banked call simply gets the function adress and
banking value from the table, depending on the function number passed in Y.

...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to
study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to
the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of
their operating system.
<Bill Gates>