Re: [cc65] Banking out ROM

From: Christian Grössler <>
Date: 2009-11-15 15:41:44
Fatih Aygün wrote:
> Shawn Jefferson wrote:
>> The high $1Fxx's from what I recall, so $2000 should be fine.
> I wonder why it's not the default start address then. Programs that use R: stuff
> or any other low loading drivers or extra drive buffers can easily set the start
> address higher from the ld65 command line. The default shouldn't be that high
> because it's not the typical case imho.

I don't remember how exactly I came up with the $2E00 value. Maybe it
was with a big DOS (MyDOS for many drives) and loaded R: driver.

I selected it to have a working default value for most cases. Remember,
the space for the R: driver is not dependent on whether the program uses
R:, but whether a 850 is being present at boot time.

And your argument works also the other way round :-)
If someone knows he'll never will load the program with a big DOS and/or
R: drivers loaded, he can set the address lower on the command line.