Re: [cc65] Banking out ROM

From: Fatih Aygün <>
Date: 2009-11-15 18:10:55

----- Original Message ----
> From: Daniel Serpell <>
> Another possibility is loading a little routine first to check if MEMLO is
> less than the STARTUP load address, printing an error if the load would
> fail.
> Check this crt0.s:
> with this config:
> This works in dos2.5, mydos and bwdos at least.
>     Daniel.

Thanks, I'll use it in my projects. I'm sure it will save me some debug
time when I forget to correct my insanely low start addresses when
using the real machine.

I would prefer the init code to retun to DOS instead of locking up though.
On the other hand I know it comes handy with the emulators. I can
modify that any time I want anyway :)

Just what we needed when everyone was complaining about the big
binaries :) Although, I know it won't change the memory available to
the program.