Re: [cc65] CBM POSIX I/O w/o O_TRUNC ?

From: Mark J. Reed <>
Date: 2010-02-08 12:59:22
As far as I know. SEQuential files and PRoGrams can only be
overwritten, not modified in place.  You have to create a RELative
file if you want the ability to change part of the file without
changing the whole.  This is a limitation of the CBM DOS in the disk

You can, of course, bypass the DOS and write blocks directly, so you
could manually modify the blocks containing the data from a SEQ file
in place, shift them around, etc.  Or even implement your own file
system with no such restrictions, which I'm guessing is the usual
Commodore+POSIX tack.