Re: [cc65] some patches

From: Oliver Schmidt <>
Date: 2010-03-15 20:49:39
Hi Groepaz,

>> # Add blockread/write support if IDE64 is present.

>> This last patch makes a copy of read.s, write.s and rwcommon.s to the c64
>> directory. This is not nice, but I haven't found an easy way to not have
>>  the IDE64 code compiled in for other cbm machines.

> urks. that means every c64 program would get this - normally unneeded - ide64
> stuff compiled in?

As soci already wrote this is surely not the final solution.

> rather looks to me as if this should go in a seperate
> library.

I seem to remember someone saying that he didn't have good experiences
with cc65 libraries "overriding" C library functionality...

Could it possibly be an 'extra' case? As far as I understand that
would "only" mean always bringing in the write code even if the
program does only read.

Regards, Oliver