Re: [cc65] Re: some patches

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <>
Date: 2010-03-18 16:29:06
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:53:59AM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> I do not expect all combinations to be built by default.  however, if I
> configure with "--enable-ide64" and "--enable-selfmodifying" I am asking
> for the above four combinations to be built.  adding "--enable-con80" to
> the previous two, and I am asking for eight combinations.

Most people rely on the libraries that come with cc65. Anybody who is able to
build his own library is probably able to replace a few modules as described
in one of my other mails.

> perhaps there is additional source-level interaction here that I am not
> understanding?  I have been assuming this is a build and link issue, as
> this is how similar issues are handled with, say, newlib and gcc.

The changes we're talking about are library only changes. In some other
cases, there may be source-level interaction.

> let me ask this way: if a patch were to appear which offered per-
> platform multilib support, would it be accepted for review?

I would have a look at it, of course. But I cannot promise anything,
especially if the patches don't integrate nicely.