Re: [cc65] Zero page, C stack, and interrupts

From: Groepaz <>
Date: 2010-04-25 22:21:45
On Sonntag 25 April 2010, you wrote:
> Hi,
> > If you go for cooperative multitasking, things are easier, but you still
> > need to save zero page locations used by a program and setting up
> > separate stacks.
> A not very clean but nevertheless functional cooperative multitasking
> implementation for cc65 C programs:

that said, i have a more-or-less functional preemptive kernel running,
unfortunately it requires patching/replacing a dozen or so functions from the
runtime (to make them reentrant), which is why i didnt release it yet (my last
update of the compiler suite kinda broke it and introduced some weird bugs....
probably some runtime stuff got changed, didnt look it yet). meaning: i would
love to see an alternative fully reentrant runtime .... =P

...nuclear war could alleviate some of the factors leading to today's
ecological disturbances that are due to current high population concentrations
and heavy industrial production.
<US Office of Civil Defense>