Re: [cc65] size of .enum?

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz1musoftware.de>
Date: 2013-03-31 18:53:48
On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 05:15:33PM +0200, silverdr@wfmh.org.pl wrote:
> can I somehow use the information from
>
> ZP_BYTES_USED = <(__ZP_VARIABLES_LAST__ - __ZP_VARIABLES_START__)
>
> to reserve the exact amount of ZP backup storage bytes?
>
> 	.res ZP_BYTES_USED
>
> wants a constant expression..

This is a circular reference. __ZP_VARIABLES_LAST__ is the space used in the
memory area, which depends on the number of bytes reserved.

Anyway, .res needs a constant, because the linker cannot change what is in an
object file. Or in other words, the assembler cannot allocate a currently
unknown number of bytes somewhere.

Regards

Ullrich von Bassewitz                                  uz@musoftware.de