Re: [cc65] size of .enum?

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz1musoftware.de>
Date: 2013-04-02 10:32:15
On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 08:15:59PM +0200, silverdr@wfmh.org.pl wrote:
> > This is a circular reference. __ZP_VARIABLES_LAST__ is the space used in the
> > memory area, which depends on the number of bytes reserved.
>
> There is no circularity because I try to reserve the space in /another/
> memory area for the storage of original content of the ZP locations.

Ok.

> > Anyway, .res needs a constant, because the linker cannot change what is in an
> > object file. Or in other words, the assembler cannot allocate a currently
> > unknown number of bytes somewhere.
>
> I understand. What do you believe to be the best approach in such situation,
> except manual counting of all the defined variables every time?

There is no other solution than to define a constant somewhere, so yes,
manual counting is required. To make sure nothing goes wrong, I would place
the constant into an include file and check it via .assert in the module that
has the actual variables.

Regards

Ullrich von Bassewitz                                  uz@musoftware.de