Re: [cc65] Hello, and a memory corruption (?) issue when optimizing

From: Groepaz <groepaz1gmx.net>
Date: 2013-06-09 16:18:53
On Sunday 09 June 2013, you wrote:

> Either way, I notice that the title screen, which displays a multicolor
> bitmap, is corrupted when specifying any of cl65's -O options in the
> Makefile. This makes me guess that the binary include, defined in text.s as
>
> .export _titlecard
> _titlecard: .incbin "resources/title.koa",2,10001
>
> is getting corrupted due to a different memory footprint of the compiled
> code. This is a pity, given that the optimized compile is indeed much
> faster (very noticable when the AI player determines its next move). I
> assume that I have to somehow shove the includes into a more "safe"
> position in memory, but this is only a guess.
>
> Can anybody offer advise?

thats sounds strange - since that binary is in the middle of other included
stuff its unlikely to get corrupted because of eg a stack or heap issue (or
atleast, other stuff should also get corrupted).

i'd try going back some revisions of the compiler and see if behaviour changes

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Sex ist nur schmutzig, wenn er richtig gemacht wird.
<Woody Allen>