Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Greg King <greg.king51verizon.net>
Date: 2013-06-28 01:59:23
From: "Groepaz"; on Thurs., June 27, 2013; at 3:21 PM -0400

> On Thursday, 27 June 2013, Jim wrote:
>> Would anyone have a template project (or a regular project I could use
>> as a template) for an autostart ($a000) ROM application?
>
> Shouldn't that be $8000 (CBM80 cartridge)? Or, do you really want
> to make a BASIC ROM?

A 16 Kibibyte cartridge will replace the BASIC ROM; so, $A000 can be a
viable autostart vector on the C64, too.  And, if that entry point is used,
then the list of initiation JSRs that I described in the archived Email
message wouldn't be needed (the Kernal would run its own set before
jumping through $A000).