Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2013-06-28 08:26:26
Hi,

> Had an issue with some zeropage.inc not happening, so PB suggested to get to
> 2.14.0
>
> I grabbed the source, but I don't appear to have enough of the deps to
> compile here (cygwin and gcc are here, but not perl and such).

The cc65 2.14.0 source build doesn't depend on perl and "such". So
seem to have mixed up things...

> So, I grabbed the include files from the archive and the Win 7 exes from a
> snapshot.

You can't just mix and match stuff as you see fit.

> It compiles, but it won't link because I don't have a lib dir.

cc65 is more than binaries and includes (and libraries). There's no
point in trying to get all parts "somehow" and trying to make them
work "somehow".

> So, I'm wondering if there is an:
>
> a) complete ZIP of 2.14.0 I can pull

So, I'm wondering if you have considered following
http://oliverschmidt.github.io/cc65/getting-started.html before
becoming adventurous.

If you're using Cygwin you can generally go both the Windows and Linux
path. However you need to take the route based on your cc65 usage
pattern. If you intend to use cc65 in Cygwin then take the Linux route
(inside Cygwin of course), otherwise go for the Windows instructions.

> b) c64.lib and vic20.lib

That won't help you - see above.

Regards,
Oliver