Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Jim Brain <brain1jbrain.com>
Date: 2013-06-28 09:07:21
On 6/28/2013 1:26 AM, Oliver Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The cc65 2.14.0 source build doesn't depend on perl and "such". So
> seem to have mixed up things...
I saw that here:

http://www.cc65.org/doc/compile.txt

Which I realize is referring to the linux build, but I often look at
that for cygwin builds.

I had not seen the link you provide below.  I was using google to find
cc65, and it always sent me to http://www.cc65.org/

>> So, I grabbed the include files from the archive and the Win 7 exes from a
>> snapshot.
> You can't just mix and match stuff as you see fit.
Yes, I understand, but I was led to believe Payton was having me dload
all 2.14.0 files.

Initially, I dloaded 2.13.1 from here:

ftp://ftp.musoftware.de/pub/uz/cc65/

But, the compiler promptly failed on Payton's sources.

When I mentioned it to him, he said I needed to get 2.14.0

>> So, I'm wondering if there is an:
>>
>> a) complete ZIP of 2.14.0 I can pull
> So, I'm wondering if you have considered following
> http://oliverschmidt.github.io/cc65/getting-started.html before
> becoming adventurous.
Nope, I tried to follow directions given on the cc65 web site.  I'll try
the instructions on that link now.

Jim