Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Jim Brain <brain1jbrain.com>
Date: 2013-06-28 21:01:58
On 6/28/2013 10:39 AM, Oliver Schmidt wrote:
> Then something is pretty wrong with your setup. Maybe you moved the
> binaries after builing them or there are several versions mixed. I
> can't analyse this further.
I did move the files after compilation.  From my unix days, I always
compile in home directory and do a make install or copy the files
afterwards.  Force of habit.

Obviously, if CC65_HOME had not been set, I would have noticed the error
immediately, but it was set, and so it worked fine in the new dir.

That's fine, I just recompiled it after putting the entire dir where it
would finally live.  The CC65_HOME no longer needs to be set.

I did notice during testing that both my old copy of cygwin cc65 and my
new copy (compiled in the correct dir) show the following when first run:

sh-4.1$ cl65 -t c64 hello.c
cygwin warning:
   MS-DOS style path detected: C:/tools/cc65/include/stdio.h
   Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/tools/cc65/include/stdio.h
   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
hello.c(6): Warning: Implicit `int' return type is an obsolete feature
hello.c(8): Warning: Control reaches end of non-void function
sh-4.1$

Just FYI.

Since I don't normally develop in the shell, I'd prefer the Windows
native bins work, but this will work for now.  I'm curious if anyone
else has dloaded the files from the "getting started" on Windows 7 64
bit and if they see a similar issue.  I can create a new VM of Win7
64bit with a fresh OS install to test, but would love to know if it only
exists on this machine or not before I do that.

Thanks for the help

Jim