Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2013-06-28 21:59:33
Hi,

> I did move the files after compilation.

So you didn't follow the instructions on the Getting Started page as
they don't mention moving files ;-))

> That's fine, I just recompiled it after putting the entire dir where it
> would finally live.  The CC65_HOME no longer needs to be set.

To be clear: It's a pretty valid approach to use CC65_HOME to adjust
for moved binaries. It's just that we're trying to sort things out
here. And in that phase it's better to stick to the rules - and
customize later when things have worked at least once...

> cygwin warning:
>   MS-DOS style path detected: C:/tools/cc65/include/stdio.h
>   Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/tools/cc65/include/stdio.h
>   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
> warning.

This is by no means normal or expected but rather a sign for things
being strange at your end.

When you build cc65 from the sources inside Cyginwin for use inside
Cygwin according to the instructions then there's no way how a "C:/"
could come into play. After all cc65 is primary a *IX tool...

> I'm curious if anyone else has
> dloaded the files from the "getting started" on Windows 7 64 bit and if they
> see a similar issue.  I can create a new VM of Win7 64bit with a fresh OS
> install to test, but would love to know if it only exists on this machine or
> not before I do that.

Just to be sure I just finished an install on an Win7 64 bit that had
never seen cc65 before using the prebuilt binaries variant. Apart from
the fact that I had to run the comd prompt as administrator to avoid
"Cannot create temporary file: Permission denied" everything went
absolutely smooth. No probs whatsoever to build a hello world.

Regards,
Oliver