Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Jim Brain <brain1jbrain.com>
Date: 2013-06-29 04:42:13
On 6/28/2013 5:22 PM, Oliver Schmidt wrote:
> - If it's a C program you don't have control over what you implizitly need.
> - The amount of code actually pulled into the binary by 'initlib'
> actually depends on your library usage (by using "constructors"). So
> it's not as stupid/fat as you might think. I'd always suggest having a
> close look at a map file to identify actually large things before
> removing stuff on suspicion.
I was just trying to replicate skoe's c64.cfg, which does not call
initlib at all (I assume because he knows he's not using the libs at all
in his code)

Probably more important is supporting both sizes of cart in the same
config file.

> A great example of what I wrote above. Replacing printf() first with
> puts() and then with write() while diffing the map files shows things
> much more interesting than initlib or zpsave ;-)
asking about zpsave was not to save space, just to understand how I
should document it, and if all of this was needed:

This was at the end of the .s file:

.segment        "ZPSAVE"

zpsave:

.res  zpspace

.bss

spsave:

.res  1

mmusave:

.res  1

It *looks* like it's used in a file called interrupt.s, written by you.
I just wanted to better understand why the code needs it.

And, stdio was really only there because the example source file is
hello, world.c

Sample VIC-20 project with 36879 being incremented works, but ROM cart
image does not.  ALl I get is a blank black screen.  Trying to diagnose now.

Jim