Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Jim Brain <brain1jbrain.com>
Date: 2013-06-29 04:49:11
On 6/28/2013 5:35 PM, Groepaz wrote:
> ie: the key "trick" is to avoid using ANYTHING that uses standard file access.
> use conio.h for screen exclusively. use cbm_.. functions for disk. forget
> printf, forget fopen :)
Understood.  I just put them in the template as a placeholder so the
entire thing would compile and run first time out.

I was just not expecting that you can't use stdio AT ALL on an
unexpanded VIC with a ROM.  That implies printf and software stack takes
more than 3.5K of RAM.

My app is:

#include <stdio.h>

void main(void)
{
   printf("hello\n");
}

I figured you'd have to forego stdio and the rest of the lot to anything
non trivial on the vic, but I thought at least hello world would compile
on the vic.

JIm