Re: [cc65] Autostart ROM VIC-20 or C64 template project?

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2013-06-30 18:22:01
Hi,

> asking about zpsave was not to save space, just to understand how I should
> document it, and if all of this was needed:
>
> This was at the end of the .s file:
>
> .segment        "ZPSAVE"
>
> zpsave:
>
> .res  zpspace
>
> .bss
>
> spsave:
>
> .res  1
>
> mmusave:
>
> .res  1
>

> It *looks* like it's used in a file called interrupt.s, written by you.  I
> just wanted to better understand why the code needs it.

Nope. That file just happens to contain a "local variable" with the
same name as this "local variable". Neither of them was made a "global
variable".

Check out i.e. https://github.com/oliverschmidt/cc65/blob/master/libsrc/c64/crt0.s
to understand what the stuff your found is supposed to be used for.

Regards,
Oliver