[cc65] RE: [cc65-devel] Atari: IOCBs and failing OPENs

From: Shawn Jefferson <sjefferson1shaw.ca>
Date: 2013-07-05 07:54:56
I took a quick look at the source for the XL OS, and the IOCB close section
of the source ($E57C) seems to only call the close vector for the device
handler (so whatever DOS is going to do to close that IOCB), puts $FF in
ICHID and sets ICPTLZ/HZ to IIN (the OS IOCB not open vector).

My view is that you should probably call the close vector, that way anything
that needs to be cleaned up will be, and by the proper mechanism for
whatever DOS or OS you happen to be running.

Maybe the smart folks at AA will have more insight.