Re: [cc65] Interrupt driven SID player

From: Maik Merten <maikmerten1googlemail.com>
Date: 2013-07-06 21:50:46
Am 06.07.2013 21:15, schrieb silverdr@wfmh.org.pl:
> .org directive in ca65 works differently than in other assemblers (for a reason). using .org $1000 alone, won't make your code (or data) load at $1000. I'd suggest consulting the documentation on how to use it together with appropriate linker config.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out!

I will for sure have to give it a more in-depth read, but I guess one
way to approach things may be to modify c64.cfg to define a new MEMORY
entry (e.g. SIDMEMORY) of fitting size and start position and ensuring
then that the RAM definition does not overlap. Then I'd define a new
SEGMENTS entry referring to SIDMEMORY and put the .incbin into that segment.

Sounds too simple to work ;-)

Maik