[cc65] Multiple issues with building/using CC65 on Mac OS X 10.8.4

From: Julian Wolfe <julian1twinax.org>
Date: 2013-07-14 21:28:44
Hi everyone!

I'm new to CC65, and have been playing with it this past day or so, I managed to build a dice roller for 80-column C128, but only after a lot of effort.  I seem to be having a lot of difficulty with pathing problems after installing the software on my system.  In order to build programs, I now have to :

1) Run the compiler as root (some of this was taken care of by giving my account access to /usr/local)
2) Force some default libraries to be searched for (it doesn't seem to know where the includes are)
3) Some things just weren't built, and there seems to be no straightforward way of building them.  If I go into the libsrc/geos directory, for example, and run 'make', it can't find geos.h.

This results in stuff like mouse_init() not being recognized in the geosconio.c example.

Haave any of you recently successfully built and run programs with cc65 on Mac OS X?

Thanks