Re: [cc65] C64: printf() into another VIC bank, memory layout

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2013-08-18 13:56:45
Hi,

> I outfitted my application, which uses functions like printf() and
> cputsxy(), with a custom font. I didn't yet find a way to make those
> functions write into Screen RAM position other than 0x0400, which means that
> the font currently has to be situated in VIC bank 3.

Regarding stdio functions like printf() you might be interested in
this thread: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31294757

Regarding conio functions like cputsxy() - which are totally different
from stdio functions (!) - you can see in
https://github.com/oliverschmidt/cc65/blob/master/libsrc/c64/cputc.s
that SCREEN_PTR is used. In
https://github.com/oliverschmidt/cc65/blob/master/asminc/c64.inc you
can see that this maps to location $D1.