Re: [cc65] ca65 as crosscompiler

From: Christian Groessler <chris1groessler.org>
Date: 2013-10-08 16:49:00
Hi,

On 10/08/13 16:32, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> I would like to use ca65 as crosscompiler WITHOUT cc65 with atari as
> target.

Many people do this...

> I have read that I have to use a special linker.cfg file to achieve
> this. But I do not understand some of the predefined segments like
> STARTUP or ZPSAVE. Maybe this segments are only needed in a C
> environment, but I am not sure.

These segments are only needed for the C runtime.

Btw, what version are you using? The latest version of the Atari runtime
doesn't use ZPSAVE anymore.

> Could anybody provide a minimal example vor an atari-asmonly.cfg?
>
> And I would like to here some explanations about the above segments.

Look at http://oliverschmidt.github.io/cc65/doc/ld65.html, chapter
"Configuration Files"
about the syntax of the linker config files.

I've attached a very minimal ASM sample for Atari, where you don't have
to fiddle
with linker config files.

Compile with

ca65 -t atari -o small.o small.s
ld65 -o small.com -t none small.o

Please note the use of ".org" in the source file. It's working a bit
different than
in other assemblers. Normally the start address is specified in the linker
config file.

regards,
chris