Re: [cc65] ca65 as crosscompiler

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz1musoftware.de>
Date: 2013-10-08 19:08:01
Hi!

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 04:32:32PM +0200, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> Could anybody provide a minimal example vor an atari-asmonly.cfg?
>
> And I would like to here some explanations about the above segments.

Most segments in the standard configs are for C usage.

If you want a very simple configuration, and manage your data yourself inside
your assembler sources, you can discard all but one segment and use a config
like the following one:

MEMORY {
    RAM:      file = %O, start = $0800, size = 1800;
}
SEGMENTS {
    CODE:     load = RAM,      type = rw;
}

Adjust "start" and "size" to your needs. In your sources, don't use any
.segment statements. Assemble with ca65 and link with ld65 using specifying
the config file above. As a result anything in your sources will go into the
CODE segment, in the order it appears in the source. The CODE segment is
placed into RAM by above linker config and will be relocated to the given
address. Using this config you will get a behaviour like that of simpler
assemblers.

Please note that the output file will only data that is also in your source.
So if your platform needs an executable header or similar, you will have to
define it in the source.

Regards

Ullrich von Bassewitz                                  uz@musoftware.de
Encrypted email preferred                          PGP Key-Id: 29D93B10