Re: [cc65] Temporary zero-page allocation

From: doynax <doynax1gmail.com>
Date: 2013-10-27 15:54:55

> I personally don't run into that problem as I limit asm code in larger
> projects to spot optimization. And in those hot spots I tend to invest
> so much time into the actual code sequence that the time to figure out
> zp usage isn't really significant.

I fear my problem is largely one of size rather than speed.

I do prototype much of the game logic in C (and in practice have gotten
lazy about porting things back to assembly) but my memory budget is already
painfully tight so for the most part I can't afford to go the C route,
hence the desire to avoid waste bytes on absolute addressing.

Regards,
Johan