Re: [cc65] Temporary zero-page allocation

From: Groepaz <groepaz1gmx.net>
Date: 2013-10-27 16:50:11
On Sunday 27 October 2013, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Anyway, I can't imagine I'm the only one with this particular problem and
> > the CC65 toolchain seems geared towards managing "large" projects so I
> > though I'd ask here.
>
> I personally don't run into that problem as I limit asm code in larger
> projects to spot optimization. And in those hot spots I tend to invest
> so much time into the actual code sequence that the time to figure out
> zp usage isn't really significant.

i have shaved off about 1k of my filesystem code recently, just by putting a
few selected things into zeropage :)

i have no idea how to make this automatic though. i dont find the cc65
"register" feature very useful for that matter.

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

I love my country... but I fear my government!