Re: [cc65] Temporary zero-page allocation

From: Jeremy Turner <jeremiah.turner1gmail.com>
Date: 2013-10-28 03:12:59

> Sorry, then I got that wrong. But in assembly, it's even more difficult,
>>  because it's almost impossible to generate call graphs. How could the
>> assembler know where a function starts and ends? There are tricks like
>> "pla;
>> pla; rts" to drop a return address and jump back to the caller of the
>> calling
>> function. Or think about functions that are called using vector tables
>> with
>> high and low byte split. Or several entry and exit points within some
>> block of
>> code.

If you are targeting a system that has an emulator, it's possible that the
emulator could include support for marking and releasing memory and warning
you if a location is claimed by more than one routine at a time. For
example, see NintendulatorDX. . (
http://kkfos.aspekt.fi/projects/nes/tools/nintendulatordx/ )  I have
written Lua code for NDX that helps monitor shared zero page as described
that and runs along side the 6502 code.