Re: [cc65] Re: cbm_read blocks on empty rs232 buffer

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz1musoftware.de>
Date: 2013-11-01 15:10:01
On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 08:13:52AM -0500, Payton Byrd wrote:
> The screen turns black, so I know the RS232 channel is opened, but the
> display code at the bottom never executes until the RS232 buffer receives at
> least one incoming byte, so it appears that cbm_k_basin is doing the
> blocking.

Yes, BASIN ($FFCF, also called CHRIN) waits until there is data. The default
is to read from the keyboard, and in this case BASIN waits for a key and won't
return without one. I suppose that is what you want when reading from devices
like disks.

Regards

Ullrich von Bassewitz                                  uz@musoftware.de
Encrypted email preferred                          PGP Key-Id: 29D93B10