Re: [cc65] Re: cbm_read blocks on empty rs232 buffer

From: Payton Byrd <plbyrd1gmail.com>
Date: 2013-11-02 17:31:08
On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM, Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc@web.de> wrote:

> But in this case Payton made pretty clear that he needs (or wants) it.
> He's even willing to spend $100 on it. And in case one is more motivated by
> "seeing results" than "getting money" (see the 'intrinsic motivation'
> debate) then one might ask Payton what he wants the feature for. I'd guess
> he wants to add some machine2machine feature to CBM-Command like Norton
> Commander had with serial/parallel cables.
>
> Just mxy two cents,
> Oliver

I have several projects which are stalled for lack of a userport serial
driver.  First, and most importantly, is a configuration program for the
Comet BBS device which plugs into the userport and provides a virtual
internet modem.  You can make all the configuration changes manually in a
term, but it's very tedious and to make the user experience as seamless as
possible the device needs a menu-driven program to wrangle all of the
configuration options for the device.

--
Payton Byrd
<http://www.paytonbyrd.com>