Re: [cc65] Temporary zero-page allocation

From: Christopher Pow <christopher.s.pow1gmail.com>
Date: 2013-11-11 05:23:25
I discovered that the cc65 libraries are not built by default with
debuginfo included, so I rebuilt them and re-uploaded the
nesicide-win32.msi installer that includes them.  With this, NESICIDE
now recognizes the program's start in crt0.s and allows stepping
through it.

By the way, I really like the GitHub updates.  However, I have to
build the cc65 toolchain in MSVS and then build the libraries in
Cygwin.  If I build the cc65 toolchain in Cygwin then I can't call it
from within NESICIDE without including cygwin1.dll which I *do not*
want to do.

I'm also looking into optimizations to prevent fetching the entire
memory array on each step, which is *very slow*.  With the NES
emulator this is easy to accomplish because I can just let the UI
widgets ask for what they need, which is limited to whatever they're
currently displaying.  With VICE, I needed to shuttle all of the
UI/emu interactions through a socket processing thread to prevent
socket communication collisions.  So the solutions to this are either:
 a)figure out a way to turn VICE into a DLL so I can interact with it
in the same way I do the NES emulator, or b)figure out a way to tell
the emulator controller thread what memory region is visible in the UI
so that it only asks VICE for the appropriate range.