Re: [cc65] Disabling the Upper Bank for use with DLGR, DHGR, and SHR

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2014-05-16 09:24:17
Hi Bill,

 Unless I am mistaken, I think I need to create a different linker cfg to
> allow program access to the upper bank like when it is used for graphics
> display.
>
> If that is correct then has anyone got one already done for a sys program?

From the conext I presume you're talking about the A2. However I don't know
the term "upper bank" in that context.

But as you are talking about graphics modes requiring AUXMEM I presume you
refer to that.

 If that is not correct, then I wonder why my loaders are crashing:) They
> worked fine before.

I don't know your loaders so I can't comment on that.

I am having some difficulty wrapping my head around these because I am used
> to managing memory at runtime using the hardware. The syntax of these seems
> a little strange to me... I'll pour through the documents again but they
> don't seem very clear right now. I guess I should take a look at the linker
> code.

You haven't given any specifics of what you are trying to archive, what
behavior you expect from the cc65 toolchain and in what aspect it differs
from your expectation. So I can't comment on that either.

Regards,
Oliver