RE: [cc65] Latest Snapshot - Apple II

From: Shawn Jefferson <sjefferson1shaw.ca>
Date: 2014-05-18 05:31:35
In fact the Atari 8-bit has lseek/fseek.  Christian Goessler wrote it some time ago when I asked about the lack of the function.  One DOS (SpartaDOS) supports proper seeking through files, while most of the other DOSes do not, and you have to read through the sector chain.

I guess no one wanted the function on the C64 enough to write it yet...