Re: [cc65] register usage when mixing assembler and C with cc65?

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2014-07-17 09:08:36
Hi Frank,

> no, you may generally clobber all
>
> Thanks. Is it documented somewhere? Maybe
> https://github.com/cc65/wiki/wiki/Parameter-passing-and-calling-conventions
> would be a good place for it.

In all ABIs I know registers potentially involved in parameter passing
and/or return value passing are never callee-saved. Maybe I'm too
narrow-minded here but this seems ovbious to me.

If you however think that the wiki page you mention above (or in fact any
other) needs to be improved you may send me your GitHub account vie PM and
I'll add your to the cc65@GitHub wiki editors so you can improve it.

Regards,
Oliver