Re: [cc65] latest stable version?

From: <groepaz1gmx.net>
Date: 2014-07-18 13:53:06
Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2014, 13:43:38 schrieben Sie:
> Bill Buckels wrote:
> > I really think it's more important for you to just get started, and after
> > the first week or so, if your experiences with the compiler are as
> > positive
> > as mine you'll probably be quite comfortable with cc65.
>
> I'm already using it. And looks like the version "V2.14 - Git 6df4205" is
> unstable, or I'm doing something wrong. This program:
>
> http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/menu.zip
>
> built with "make" in Cygwin crashs with a CPU Jam in VICE. The same project
> (except one line changed in ld.cfg) works with "cc65 V2.13.3, SVN version:
> 5495". So I think the answer for me is to continue using V2.13.3, until
> there is a tested release.

i am still using 2.13.9 myself for similar reasons... unfortunately i dont
know enough about the compiler internals to fix it myself, however some tests
suggest that longs are kind of broken in later versions.
(http://hitmen.c02.at/temp/testsuite/html/cc65-o-Osir.add3.diff.html)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.