Re: [cc65] latest stable version?

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz1musoftware.de>
Date: 2014-07-18 13:53:25
Hi!

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 01:19:36PM +0200, Frank Buss wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't read the description of "align" for ca65 carefully. I
> assumed it aligns on absolute addresses, but looks like it aligns relative to
> the base address of the segment.

Older versions did both. The linker can change the data, but it cannot change
the size of the data. So any fill bytes have to be added by the assembler. To
calculate the amount of fill bytes, the assembler needs to know the alignment
of the section (which is the part of a segment that comes from one object
file). Older version required that the segment base address had the same
alignment, which is why you're seeing the message.

Regards

Ullrich von Bassewitz                                  uz@musoftware.de
Encrypted email preferred                          PGP Key-Id: 29D93B10