Re: [cc65] printf (C64 library) enables interrupts

From: <groepaz1gmx.net>
Date: 2014-07-21 21:00:51
On Monday 21 July 2014, 20:16:40 Spiro Trikaliotis <ml-cc65@trikaliotis.net>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 09:41:24PM +0200 groepaz@gmx.net wrote:
> > yup, its $ffd2 than does CLI somewhere... common surprise for many - and
> > one of the reasons for avoiding it :)
>
> "somewhere" is a fine description. At least for CHROUT to the screen,
> the function exits with:
>
>    cli
>    rts
>
> It is highly surprising. IIRC, this CLI is only needed if CHROUT is
> called by CHRIN, btw. I believe to remember the CHROUT does not do any
> SEI anywhere, only CHRIN does it.

sounds right as far as screen output goes :)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org    http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org        http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Knowing what to optimize matters as much as knowing how to optimize.
Otherwise, you'll optimize the wrong thing, and end up with really fast slow
code.
<Michael Abrash>