[cc65] ROMable, shared C runtime.

From: Emanuele Fornara <emanuele.fornara1gmail.com>
Date: 2014-08-08 20:25:13
I'd like to put the full C runtime (and maybe bits of common) in ROM.
In other words, I'd like to be able to link several programs and have
all of them referencing the same location for routines like decax2.

I have a two step process in mind: 1) generate a fake/fat program(or
maybe a jmp table) importing all the symbols  and link it to the real
runtime using a custom configuration 2) generate a stub runtime (the
one the programs will link against) where symbols like decax2 are just
symbolic constants.

Does this look feasible? Does anyone have a rough idea of how big the
image of the full C runtime would be? The process above sounds a bit
convoluted, so maybe someone has already done something like this
and/or can think of a better way to do it...