[cc65] Question from a newbie

From: Jim Happel <jimhappel1yahoo.com>
Date: 2014-08-17 19:16:03
Hi,

I've been having a blast learning to program C for my 30 year old c64 using cc65!

I'm now working on a project where I want to use the serial port (user port).  I have the user port to RS232 cable from back in the day.

Is there a straight forward method to talk to this port on the c64 using C in cc65?  I see the serial.h file requires a serial driver, which I don't think exists for the c64?  The cbm_k_listen (cbm.h) description talks about the serial bus, but I am thinking this is the EIC bus and not the user port / serial port / pseudo RS232?  My project is c64 specific, so it could be a brute force specific method.  I still don't know assembly so I don't want to use any method that requires that knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jim