Re: [cc65] linker file problem

From: Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz1musoftware.de>
Date: 2014-10-19 22:12:19
Hi!

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 08:26:13PM +0200, Frank Buss wrote:
> But the commands in the JUMPTABLE segment don't start at $8000 as specified,
> but looks like they start at $8026. How do I fix this?

You've placed the RAM segment first in the output file, then the JUMPTABLE
segment. If you load the output file to $8000, you will end up with the RAM
contents at $8000 (of course), followed by the JUMPTABLE data.

> And the resulting diskimage.bin is not $8000 bytes in size, how do I fix
> this?

You're writing the RAM segment to the output file, followed by $100 bytes from
ROMHDR, followed by $7F00 bytes from ROM. If the RAM segment is not empty,
there's no chance that the resulting binary has a size of $8000 bytes.

It might be helpful to read the linker docs.

Best regards

Ullrich von Bassewitz                                  uz@musoftware.de
Encrypted email preferred                          PGP Key-Id: 29D93B10