Re: [cc65] __fastcall__

From: Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <marc1rintsch.de>
Date: 2015-01-14 11:18:00
On 14/01/15 07:09, Andreas Koch wrote:
> Am 13.01.2015 um 17:10 schrieb Alan Cox:
>> Next however I want to take a look at what it
>> would take to make the linker generate banked binaries.
>
> […]
>
> Any chance to support the GeoRAM/NeoRam and/or REU on the C64?

REU ist not ”banked” memory.  To ”bank in” another code segment would
need to *copy* the code from REU into the C64 RAM.  This is done via DMA
so it is fast compared to copying with 6510 code, but still very slow
compared to bank switching hardware.

GeoRAM does bank switching, but with really tiny banks: 256 bytes at a
time.  I guess one will end up with max. one or two functions per bank,
and has a limit how long/complex each function may be.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
--
“Real efficiency comes from elegant solutions,
 not optimized programs. Optimization is always