Re: [cc65] __fastcall__

From: Oliver Schmidt <ol.sc1web.de>
Date: 2015-01-14 22:37:15
Hi,

The linker does actually seem to have a lot of the framework in place
> - I can declare ROM0, ROM and ROM2 to have the same addresses already
> and put different code in each, and I think (need to test it for real)
> that with the output file options I can also make it write them to
> different files.

There's no need for investigation in that area as there's already a
"multiple-output-files-for-same-addr" linker config at
https://github.com/cc65/cc65/blob/master/cfg/c64-overlay.cfg (and a demo
using it at https://github.com/cc65/cc65/blob/master/samples/overlaydemo.c).

> It does mean you can't easily bank data or even rodata (because you
> take pointers to it and pass it out elsewhere eg in pritnf()) but for
> pure code it's historically worked OK in the tools I've used.

The comments in the demo above follow the very same reasoning.

Regards,
Oliver